What is a Community Foundation?
Folks may be familiar with the Greene County Community Foundation (d/b/a Greene Giving), but they may not know all that it does.
The philanthropic impact of Greene Giving is evident throughout neighborhoods, health and social service agencies, cultural organizations, educational institutions, youth organizations, economic development projects, and other charitable groups.
No one person has the resources to provide solutions to all the challenges faced by the region today. However, by combining the financial and human resources of many individuals, Greene Giving can make a significant difference.
Founded in 2001, Greene Giving receives gifts from individuals, families, businesses, other foundations and civic/social organizations eager to make a difference in our region.
Greene Giving’s purpose is to promote philanthropy and provide stewardship and leadership to enhance the use of regional resources to meet charitable needs. Greene Giving accomplishes this purpose by:
- Developing pure and term endowments and resources for today’s and tomorrow’s generations to meet the challenges of the times.
- Encouraging general current charitable giving.
- Providing philanthropic expertise and services to donors with diverse interests at all levels of giving.
- Serving as a catalyst and resource for philanthropic activities by bringing together different forces to develop new ways to use the region’s capacities and assets.
- Supporting local nonprofit organizations through technical assistance.
Greene Giving promotes and facilitates philanthropy in Greene County.