Greene Giving offers a small grants program for capital items. The grants go towards projects that have a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services.
Who Qualifies: Tax-exempt public charities, educational or governmental agencies, and must qualify under the Code Section 590(a) of Internal Revenue Service (IRS). These organizations must benefit Greene County, Ohio.
Capital Items: These items are permanent or semi-permanent. Example includes park benches, shelving, tires.
How Much: Grants are limited to less than $1,000.
Silver Friends and Golden Paws Senior Pet Care Program,
Awards generally will be made to charitable organizations exempt from federal taxation under section 501 (C)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Grants may be allowed to non 501 (C)(3) organizations if there is documented charitable activity benefiting or serving Senior Citizens in need of assistance caring for their pets.
In review of grant applications, Greene Giving will give careful consideration to organizations that benefit Senior Pet owners in the following circumstances:
- Seniors living on limited incomes.
- Seniors who are responsible pet owners and their pet is a primary companion.
- Abuse cases
- Extenuating Circumstances that are beyond their control (fire in their home, severe disability).
- Seniors who have bad debt or have been to collections with their Veterinarian or with Veterinarians affiliated with Organizations such as the Humane Society of Greater Dayton or SISCA are not eligible to receive assistance).
Other Conditions and Restrictions on how Funds are to be used:
- Funds may be used for services and medications.
- Funds may be used for follow-up care as a result of complications from surgery.
- Funds may only be used to euthanize a pet as a last resort.
- Funds should not be used for routine spay and neuter services.
- Funds should not be used for routine veterinary care except by special consideration as a result of extenuation circumstances.
Where the funds may be used:
- Funds may be used for services provided by Veterinarians affiliated with organizations such as the Humane Society of Greater Dayton or SISCA, with preference given to “No-Kill” facilities. Funds may be used for services provided at the Veterinary Clinic of the pet owner’s choice following issuance of a voucher.
- Funds will be distributed according to the preceding guidelines.
Greene Giving Grant Applications may be mailed or emailed to:
Attn: Program Director
941 W. Second St.
Xenia, OH 45385
Phone: (937) 458-2066
Fax: (937) 458-2063