Named Greene Giving Accounts may be established to provide scholarships so deserving students may pursue their educational objectives. Maximum flexibility can be maintained within applicable federal income tax laws as donors define the eligible colleges, areas of study, size of grants, as well as other criteria.
Businesses, families or other individuals as donors may be particularly interested in scholarships or other types of educational Greene Giving Accounts.
- Donors may want to create named scholarships to honor or memorialize other individuals.
- Donors may want to create Greene Giving Accounts to provide scholarships to high school graduates meeting certain criteria. Permissible criteria include: graduates from one or more high schools; graduates from a particular geographic area of county; graduates studying one or more courses of studies or at the five specific universities in Greene County (Antioch McGregor, Cedarville, Central State, Wilberforce or Wright State University); graduates with demonstrated financial needs; graduates with specific academic awards or talents (arts, athletics, etc.).
- Donors may want convenience.
- Donors may want flexibility.
- Donors may want to retain involvement.
Edward Marrinan from the Greene County Community Foundation, d/b/a Greene Giving, is available to meet with advisors (accountants, attorneys, etc.) and donors to determine their actual objectives. Planned gifts (see Planned Giving) offer several ways in which to create real options to benefit scholarships or other type of Green Giving Accounts. Legacies through wills (bequests) can specify dollar amounts or a percentage of estates.
Local schools also can meet with professional advisors and donors to help carry out business, family or individual intentions for scholarships. These include the Beavercreek, Bellbrook/Sugarcreek and Fairborn Education Foundation, plus the Greene County Career Center Adult Education Scholarship Endowment, Xenia Educational Endowment as well as College Success Partnership. All also help with other educational accounts.